Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's almost over...

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't written in a while. Things got a bit hectic the last couple days at CCS saying goodbye to everyone and trying to pack for Zanzibar. I had a wonderful, and very sad, last day of school with my kids. They sang me songs and the teachers did this goodbye ceremony for me and gave me a traditional Tanzanian Kanga (dress). I was full of tears to leave them, I think about them all the time, and miss them all so much. My favorite student ran up to me and tapped me on the leg, I looked down, and she said, "Teacher...I love you"...in english and all! Of course I cried for about an hour after that, haha. This was by far the most rewarding, amazing experience in my life thus far and hope that I will be able to do something like this again. I wish I could stay so much longer, and my teachers want me to come back next year, I told them I'll try my best, haha.

But after all that...I'm finally in Zanzibar!!! The most beautiful place in the world! The water is all shades of tourquoise and light blue, its wonderful. The sand is so white, I can't even describe in words how beautiful it is here. We started off on the East Coast in a town called Uroa. Since we are "residents" of Tanzania we got a niiiice discount at the places we are staying. So we've been living it up in beachfront bungalows for the past week...it's alright I guess, haha. Then we decided it would be smart to rent a car...we thought. It was definitely an experience that I'll never forget. We drove up to the northern most point in Zanzibar called Nungwi. After getting lost in an African jungle for about 2 hours, we finally made it. With all that aside, our new hotel is absolutely great. A little more expensive than the last, but for 50 bucks a night, we are hooked up with an townhouse style lofted condo, beachfront. We get a pool this time too!! We are so relaxed and happy right now, I don't want to leave. Tomorrow we are going snorkeling and then we are off to stay in Stone Town for the last couple days here.

I hope everything back home is going well. I will be home Tuesday night to see everyone :) Oh yes, Happy Valentines Day everyone! I send my love, I'll see you all soon

xoxo
Kris

No comments: