Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Safari Weekend

Mambo everyone,

So I went on my very first safari this weekend and it was, well, interesting as well as amazing. We started off Friday afternoon after work, we got picked up by our guide and got everything in the car ready for our 3 hour trip to Lake Manyara. It ended up just being Tiffany, our friend Alex, and I so it was nice that we didn't have to pack a lot of people in the car. We arrived at our campsite around 2pm and set everything up. The camp was really nice, much nicer than I ever expected anyways. So we got into Lake Manyara National Park around 3 pm. Everyone is feeling fine at this point. We drive around for a minute and I saw my first elephant about 5 feet from the car, so cool!! It was amazing to watch him in his natural habitat. We saw some baboons, and giraffe, all amazing!! Then it all started. I look over and Alex is sleeping. I hit him in the arm to wake him up because I couldn't believe he was actually sleeping on a safari. But he didnt really wake up, he passed out for a minute or so. I immediately thought heat exhaustion so we wet a bunch of our clothes and put them on him to cool him down and gave him water to drink. But over the next hour he just wasnt getting any better, so we left Lake Manyara to go back to camp. He slept the rest of the night and the next morning, no better.

Oh no! no more time left on the computer, hate to leave you hanging, more tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Neil said...

oh no !!! did u have to cut your safari short? I hope everything is ok.- Neil